FAIRFIELD, Conn. - An 18-year-old Easton teen was arrested on charges of violating a protective order after she contacted a Fairfield man Tuesday night, police said.
The 19-year-old man called police late Tuesday, saying that that Melissa Barney had contacted him using a blocked telephone number and via Facebook. He admitted to officers that this wasn't the first time they had communicated since the protective order was put in place In February, police said.
Officers went to Barney's house in Easton where she also admitted to contacting the Fairfield teen, police said.
This isn't the first time Barney has violated the protective order, which was put in place after she was arrested on charges of breaking a chandelier at her boyfriend's mother's house on Melville Avenue, police said.
Police held Barney overnight on a $25,000 bond and took her to court Wednesday, April 16.
- 1 Danbury Fair Goes Green By Adding Fuel Cell To Power The Mall
- 2 Redding Skater Glides Onto Skate America Ice For Grand Prix Debut
- 3 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 4 Change In Management As CEO Resigns From Westport Weston Family Y
- 5 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola