RIDGEFIELD, Conn. -- A Ridgefield family is homeless after a fire destroyed their home at 25 Standish Drive home on Sunday, June 22, according to the Ridgefield Press.
One member of the family was sent to the hospital as a result of the blaze but was later released, the Ridgefield Press reported.
Fire marshals were investigating the cause of the fire, according to the Ridgefield Press.
Ridgefield Fire Chief Kevin Tappe told the Press that there are no hydrants in the area and tanker water was used to knock down the blaze. Tankers from Redding, West Redding, Georgetown, Miry Brook in Danbury and South Salem, N.Y., also helped at the scene.
- 1 Easton Couple Charged With Running Prescription Drug Ring In Fairfield
- 2 Demographic Changes Leave Weinstein Wondering About Weston’s Future
- 3 Population Grows In Easton, Redding, Weston, All Of Fairfield County
- 4 Newtown Must Pay Cop $380K For Post-Sandy Hook Shooting PTSD
- 5 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens