RIDGEFIELD, Conn. -- A Ridgefield family is homeless after a fire destroyed their home at 25 Standish Drive home on Sunday, June 22, according to the Ridgefield Press.
One member of the family was sent to the hospital as a result of the blaze but was later released, the Ridgefield Press reported.
Fire marshals were investigating the cause of the fire, according to the Ridgefield Press.
Ridgefield Fire Chief Kevin Tappe told the Press that there are no hydrants in the area and tanker water was used to knock down the blaze. Tankers from Redding, West Redding, Georgetown, Miry Brook in Danbury and South Salem, N.Y., also helped at the scene.
- 1 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7
- 2 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters
- 3 Severe Storms Could Cause Flooding In Weston, Easton, Redding
- 4 Weston Police Assist At Large Brawl In Norwalk Park After Shots Were Fired
- 5 Feds Raid 'Subway Guy' Jared Fogle's Home In Child Porn Investigation