EASTON, Conn. - Easton police were called to a home on North Park Avenue shortly before 2 a.m. Tuesday by a young boy reporting a fight between his parents, police said.
When officers arrived at the house, Corey Dawid, 42, initially denied there was a problem, police said. But he eventually told officers that he and his wife had had a fight, with their three children in the house, police said.
He then directed officers inside the house, where they found a woman unconscious on the ground, police said. EMS was called to the house and took the woman to an area hospital, police said. Her condition was unknown, police said.
Reports indicate that Dawid had first strangled then attempted to hang his wife, but Easton Chief James Candee was unable to confirm that.
Dawid was charged with criminal attempt to commit murder, first-degree strangulation, first-degree assault and second-degree breach of peace. He was held on $500,000 bond and taken to court Wednesday morning.
- 1 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 2 Weston, Easton, Redding Will See Widespread Snow Into Monday
- 3 United Illuminating, Easton's Power Supplier, Sold To Spanish Firm
- 4 Police Search Icy Lake Ontario For Missing Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 5 Snow Likely At End Of Weekend In Weston, Easton, Redding