EASTON, Conn. -- A judge has continued the bond hearing for the Easton man who is charged with trying to murder his wife by hanging her in their garage, according to ctnews.com.
Cory Dawid's attorney was prepared to post the $1 million bond to have Dawid released at hearing Monday, but the judge wasn't sure the suspect should be set free, ctnews.com reported.
Dawid was arrested early Tuesday, March 11, when his son called 911 after seeing his father dragging his mother into the garage, according to the Easton Courier.
When police arrived, Dawid told police that he had tried to kill his wife by hanging her, the Easton Courier reported.
Dawid was charged with attempted murder, first-degree assault, first-degree strangulation and second-degree breach of peace. He remains in custody on $1 million bond.
- 1 Winter Storm Watch Is In Effect For Easton, Weston, Redding
- 2 Storm May Drop Nearly A Foot Of Snow On Easton, Redding, Weston
- 3 Easton, Redding, Weston Could See 6 To 10 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 4 Norwalk Man Dies After Being Ejected From Car In Route 7 Crash
- 5 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm