WESTPORT, Conn. -- An Easton man was arrested on drunken-driving charges after hitting another car and attempting to flee early Saturday, July 5, in Westport, police said.
John Sullivan, 21, of Easton, was arrested after another driver told police that Sullivan's vehicle had struck her vehicle and was attempting to flee the scene at 12:50 a.m., police said.
Officers responded and stopped Sullivan, police said. Upon approaching Sullivan's vehicle, officers detected an odor of an alcoholic beverage, police said. Sullivan was administered and failed roadside sobriety tests, police said.
Sullivan was arrested at the scene and charged with driving while intoxicated, evading responsibility, and failure to travel a reasonable distance apart, police said.
He was held on $1,500 bond. He is scheduled to appear July 15 at Norwalk Superior Court.
- 1 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 2 Snow Could Return To Weston, Easton, Redding For Monday Morning Commute
- 3 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach
- 4 Weston, Easton, Redding Could Could See Another Round Of Snow
- 5 Chance Of Snow Returns To Easton, Weston Tuesday Evening