FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- A New York City-based drug ring that distributed millions of dollars worth of heroin to Connecticut and throughout New England has been broken up by federal authorities, according to NBC New York.
About 53 pounds of heroin and 20 pounds of cocaine worth $11 million was reportedly found in raids on two apartments in the Bronx, N.Y.
Two suspected ringleaders were arrested en route to Hartford with open boxes filled with packets of heroin, according to the article.
Another apartment in Hartford was raided that was reportedly used as a drop-off point where more heroin was located, the story said.
- 1 Easton Firefighter Spots Bear On Valley Road
- 2 Man Shot To Death At Bridgeport Restaurant; Owner Injured
- 3 Integrate Function, Color, Style Into Your Backyard, Say Weston Designers
- 4 Cigarette Assault, New Leader At Barlow Top Week's News In Easton, Redding
- 5 Weston, Easton, Redding Could See Storms As Weekend Wraps Up