FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- A New York City-based drug ring that distributed millions of dollars worth of heroin to Connecticut and throughout New England has been broken up by federal authorities, according to NBC New York.
About 53 pounds of heroin and 20 pounds of cocaine worth $11 million was reportedly found in raids on two apartments in the Bronx, N.Y.
Two suspected ringleaders were arrested en route to Hartford with open boxes filled with packets of heroin, according to the article.
Another apartment in Hartford was raided that was reportedly used as a drop-off point where more heroin was located, the story said.
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Weston, Easton
- 3 Weston Students Win Westport Halloween Window Painting Contest
- 4 Real Estate Sales Fall In Weston, Rise In Easton
- 5 Greenwich Mom Gets Probation For Allowing Wild Teen Party In Easton