FAIRFIELD, Conn. – An Easton man has been charged with driving while intoxicated after he was accused of colliding with a Fairfield house in November, police say.
The residents of a Mill Plain Road house reported hearing the crash just after midnight on Nov. 3, according to the police report.
Accident investigators found that a car traveling on the street hit a curb at Dudley Drive, causing it to go up on the grass. The car drove through a street sign and shrubs before hitting two cars parked in a nearby driveway, pushing the cars into their owners’ home, police say.
Jared Dworkin, 23, of Tuckahoe Road in Easton was found at the scene, and told police he had come from a Fairfield restaurant, where he “believed he was given bad pizza,” according to the police report.
He was then taken to a local hospital for treatment. Dworkin’s medical records found that his blood alcohol content was .285, more than three times the legal limit, police say.
Dworkin was arrested Wednesday and charged with driving while intoxicated, a misdemeanor, and issued an infraction for failure to drive on the right. He was released after posting a $100 bond.
- 1 Connecticut Report Finds Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 2 Easton Man Arrested After Crashing Car In Fairfield, Fleeing On Foot
- 3 Easton Girl Dances Role Of Snow Queen In 'Nutcracker'
- 4 Frigid Wind Chills Will Continue In Easton, Redding, Weston
- 5 Father Pleads Not Guilty In Death Of Son In Hot Car In Ridgefield