REDDING, Conn. - A vehicle struck a house on Umpawaug Road and the driver fled the scene on Nov. 9, but was apprehended after returning with his dog, police said.
Dillon Ochs, 22, of Bethel, Conn., failed breath tests and was ticketed for driving under the influence, evading responsibility and failure to drive right on a curve. He was released on $200 cash bond and has a November 21 court date, according to a police report. There was minor damage to the house, police said.
In other Redding police news:
- Christopher Morgan, 43, of Indiana, who was surveying Hurricane Sandy tree damage on Newtown Turnpike on Nov. 6, was backing an Asplundh tree service truck out of a driveway and it was hit in the rear by another vehicle driven by Robert Karl, 61, of Newtown, Conn., police said.
- Chase Rowley, 29, of Redding, was driving at twice the speed limit on Umpawaug Road on Nov. 10 and stopped by police. He failed a sobriety test, was charged with driving while under the influence and released after paying a $40 cash bond. He has a Nov. 21 court date.
- 1 Winter Storm Watch Is In Effect For Easton, Weston, Redding
- 2 Easton, Redding, Weston Could See 6 To 10 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 3 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm
- 4 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In Weston, Easton, Redding
- 5 Easton Man’s Arrest After Crashing Car In Fairfield Tops Week’s News