RIDGEFIELD, Conn. -- The Ridgefield Police Department has released a photo of the man suspected of robbing a Ridgefield bank Friday afternoon.
The robbery occurred at at about 1 p.m. at the First Niagara Bank branch at 108 Danbury Road. The suspect entered the bank and demanded cash from a teller, police said. The suspect fled on foot with an undetermined amount of cash, police said.
The suspect appeared to be wearing rubber gloves during the robbery, police said. He was described as a white man in his 20s and about 5 feet, 8 inches to 6 feet tall with red hair and "very blue" eyes, police said.
He was wearing a green hooded sweatshirt and a light brown hat with the hood pulled up so most of his face was obscured, police said.
Police said the man may have fled the area in a black SUV in an unknown direction.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Ridgefield Police Department’s Detective Bureau at 203-438-6531.
- 1 Weston Home Owned By Creators Of The Lobster Roll Hits The Market
- 2 Stop & Shop Recalls Several Frozen Food Items
- 3 Employee Shot To Death In Robbery At Bridgeport Market
- 4 Driver To Serve 8 Years In Prison In Hit-And-Run Death Of Weston Cyclist
- 5 Newtown Razes Home Of Sandy Hook Shooter Adam Lanza