UPDATE, 10 p.m.: The man who was struck by a train has died, Metro-North officials said Wednesday night.
GREENWICH, Conn. — A man walked onto the tracks near Davis Avenue in Greenwich and was hit by a train at about 6:45 p.m. Wednesday, Metro-North authorities said.
The man, who has not been identified, was still alive and rushed to Stamford Hospital.
New Haven Line service had been suspended while Metropolitan Transit Authority Police conducted an investigation. As of 9:45 p.m., service was restored to three of four tracks with residual delays of up to 45 minutes, the rail service said.
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Weston, Easton
- 3 Weston Students Win Westport Halloween Window Painting Contest
- 4 Real Estate Sales Fall In Weston, Rise In Easton
- 5 Greenwich Mom Gets Probation For Allowing Wild Teen Party In Easton