UPDATE, 10 p.m.: The man who was struck by a train has died, Metro-North officials said Wednesday night.
GREENWICH, Conn. — A man walked onto the tracks near Davis Avenue in Greenwich and was hit by a train at about 6:45 p.m. Wednesday, Metro-North authorities said.
The man, who has not been identified, was still alive and rushed to Stamford Hospital.
New Haven Line service had been suspended while Metropolitan Transit Authority Police conducted an investigation. As of 9:45 p.m., service was restored to three of four tracks with residual delays of up to 45 minutes, the rail service said.
- 1 Weston, Easton, Redding Will See Widespread Snow Into Monday
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Storm Hits Weston, Easton, Redding
- 3 Father Of Missing Fairfield Man Fears Search 'Will Not End Well'
- 4 Snow Likely At End Of Weekend In Weston, Easton, Redding
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48