Correction: An earlier version of this story had an incorrect relationship for one of the 9-year-old children at the home. One of the 9-year-olds was the victim's son, according to police.
WILTON, Conn. – A Weston man is facing assault and child endangerment charges after he attacked a Bridgeport man while visiting a home Saturday, Wilton police said.
Police were called to Shadow Lane at about 2:35 a.m. Saturday. A 50-year-old Bridgeport man told officers that Thomas Patterson, 39, charged him, punched him in the face repeatedly and placed him in a headlock, police said. The victim suffered injuries to his face and knees, police said.
The two men argued about what time to leave the residence, police said. Two 9-year-old boys, one of them the victim's son, were at the home at the time. It was unknown whether anyone was intoxicated or whether the two men knew each other before visiting the home, police said.
Patterson, of 38 Ravenwood Drive, was charged with second-degree strangulation and risk of injury to a minor, both felonies, and third-degree assault, a misdemeanor.
Patterson was released on $15,000 bond and is scheduled to appear in Norwalk Superior Court on Aug. 28.
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Weston, Easton
- 3 Weston Students Win Westport Halloween Window Painting Contest
- 4 Real Estate Sales Fall In Weston, Rise In Easton
- 5 Aranci 67 Serves Up A Taste Of Southern Italy In Georgetown