WESTPORT, Conn. -- A Weston motorcyclist suffered serious injuries when he was thrown to the side of the road in a crash Wednesday afternoon in Westport, police said.
A 2008 Nissan Altima had collided with a Suzuki motorcycle on Long Lots Road in the area of Burr School Road at about 3 p.m., said Lt. Arthur Belile, Crash Investigation Team leader.
The Westport Police, EMS and Fire Department responded and found the motorcyclist lying in the roadway near the shoulder of the road and began medical treatment, he said.
He was transported to Norwalk Hospital by Westport EMS with serious injuries. The extent of his injuries was still being determined Wednesday evening.
The motorcycle operator has been identified as William Pitt, 68. The driver of the Nissan Altima was identified as Rosa Catterina, 70, of Norwalk.
Catterina was driving east on Long Lots Road and failed to yield the right of way to Pitt, who was driving west, according to the preliminary police investigation.
She turned left in front of the motorcycle, the police report said. Catterina was not injured in the crash and was present at the accident scene.
The crash remained under investigation by the Westport Police Department Accident Investigation Unit and the Patrol Division.
- 1 Bridgeport Man Charged In Weston Home Invasion, Assault Of Woman
- 2 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 3 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 4 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Area Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies
- 5 Westport Firefighters Douse Blaze In Backyard Gas Grill