WESTPORT, Conn. – Westport police are searching for a man who robbed the CitiBank on the Westport/Norwalk line Friday afternoon at knife point, Westport Police Capt. Sam Arciola said.
The suspect is described as a clean-shaven black man in his late 30s or early 40s, approximately 6-feet tall with muscular upper body build. The suspect was wearing a black trench-style coat and a blue hat with orange writing, Arciola said.
The robbery happened around 1 p.m. The suspect showed a teller a knife with a black handle and passed a note demanding money, Arciola said. After receiving the money, the suspect fled on foot westbound into Norwalk, he said.
Police found evidence from the robbery, including the suspect’s trench coat, on Sylvan Road North at Marion Road in Westport, about one mile from the bank, Arciola said. This leads investigators to believe the suspect had a vehicle, Arciola added.
Surveillance video from the bank is being processed, Arciola said. Officers from the Norwalk K9 Unit and state police assisted in the search for the suspect, Arciola added.
The Westport Police Department is asking that anyone who may have witnessed the suspect leaving the scene or has any additional information to contact the Westport Police Detective Bureau at 203-341-6080.
- 1 Weston, Easton, Redding Rank Among State's Best Suburbs To Live In
- 2 Court: Dad Charged In Norwalk Baby's Death Spiked Bottle With Alcohol
- 3 Weston Will See Several Rounds Of Showers, Thunderstorms
- 4 Demographic Changes Leave Weinstein Wondering About Weston’s Future
- 5 Lyme Disease-Spreading Ticks Arriving Early In Fairfield County, Study Says