WESTPORT, Conn. — A 44-year-old Fairfield woman was arrested on charges of stealing money from tip jars at a Westport restaurant she visited with two small children, Westport police say.
Stacy Flanagan, of High Meadow Road, is accused of stealing a tip jar off the counter of a restaurant she visited on Dec. 31, police say. She later stole money from a second tip jar to pay for her order while the cashier was distracted, the police report says.
Police would not comment on the age of the children with Flanagan, or whether the children were her own.
Flanagan was identified as the suspect after surveillance video from the restaurant was aired on local media, police say.
She turned herself in to Westport police last Friday on an arrest warrant and admitted to taking the money, police say.
Flanagan was charged with two counts of risk of injury to a child, a felony. She was also charged with sixth-degree larceny, a misdemeanor. She was released after posting $2,500 bond and is scheduled to appear at Norwalk Superior Court on March 3.
- 1 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 2 Snow Could Return To Weston, Easton, Redding For Monday Morning Commute
- 3 Weston, Easton, Redding Could Could See Another Round Of Snow
- 4 Car Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield Requires Complicated Extractions
- 5 Lobster Roll House Sale Tops Last Week's News In Weston