WILTON, Conn. — A 37-year-old Redding woman is accused of leaving her 2-year-old child alone in a vehicle while she shopped at Wilton’s Village Market last week, police said.
Police were called to the market at approximately 11:15 a.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 21. When they arrived, they found the child in a 2013 Infiniti SUV that was left running, police say. One of the vehicle’s windows was completely open, allowing snow to get inside and leaving the child in full view, according to the police report.
The exterior temperature outside at the time was measured at 18 degrees, police say.
Danielle Vanriper, the child’s mother, was charged with leaving a child unsupervised in a motor vehicle, a misdemeanor. She was released on a promise to appear and scheduled to appear at Norwalk Superior Court on Jan. 30.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 3 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events In Weston, Easton, Redding
- 4 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7
- 5 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters