WILTON, Conn. — A 37-year-old Redding woman is accused of leaving her 2-year-old child alone in a vehicle while she shopped at Wilton’s Village Market last week, police said.
Police were called to the market at approximately 11:15 a.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 21. When they arrived, they found the child in a 2013 Infiniti SUV that was left running, police say. One of the vehicle’s windows was completely open, allowing snow to get inside and leaving the child in full view, according to the police report.
The exterior temperature outside at the time was measured at 18 degrees, police say.
Danielle Vanriper, the child’s mother, was charged with leaving a child unsupervised in a motor vehicle, a misdemeanor. She was released on a promise to appear and scheduled to appear at Norwalk Superior Court on Jan. 30.
- 1 Norwalk Man Dies After Being Ejected From Car In Route 7 Crash
- 2 Storm May Drop Nearly A Foot Of Snow On Easton, Redding, Weston
- 3 Fairfield County's Highest Snowfall Amounts Will Be North Of Merritt
- 4 Easton, Redding, Weston Could See 6 To 10 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 5 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm