WILTON, Conn. — A 37-year-old Redding woman is accused of leaving her 2-year-old child alone in a vehicle while she shopped at Wilton’s Village Market last week, police said.
Police were called to the market at approximately 11:15 a.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 21. When they arrived, they found the child in a 2013 Infiniti SUV that was left running, police say. One of the vehicle’s windows was completely open, allowing snow to get inside and leaving the child in full view, according to the police report.
The exterior temperature outside at the time was measured at 18 degrees, police say.
Danielle Vanriper, the child’s mother, was charged with leaving a child unsupervised in a motor vehicle, a misdemeanor. She was released on a promise to appear and scheduled to appear at Norwalk Superior Court on Jan. 30.
- 1 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 2 Weston, Easton, Redding Will See Widespread Snow Into Monday
- 3 United Illuminating, Easton's Power Supplier, Sold To Spanish Firm
- 4 Snow Likely At End Of Weekend In Weston, Easton, Redding
- 5 Police Search Icy Lake Ontario For Missing Student, 21, From Fairfield