WESTPORT, Conn. – A 44-year-old Weston woman was charged with drunken driving in Westport last Friday morning after she drove up an embankment, police said.
Michele Seibold of Wampum Hill Road was arrested after police were called to Wilton Road and Newtown Turnpike on the report of a person passed out behind the wheel of a Subaru, the police report said.
When officers arrived, they saw the Subaru make a U-turn and then drive up an embankment before stopping, police said. The officers smelled alcohol on Seibold’s breath when they approached the car, the report said.
Seibold failed field sobriety tests but was unable to take the breath test because she had difficulty following directions, police said. She was charged with operating under the influence of alcohol, a misdemeanor, and released on a $500 bond. She is scheduled to appear at Norwalk Superior Court on Feb. 21.
- 1 Woman, 50, Charged With Stealing SAT Exam In June From Wilton High
- 2 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 3 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 4 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 5 Police: Weston Woman Assaults Westport Man Who Stuck Her With Bar Bill