WESTON, Conn. -- The Weston Republican Town Committee recently announced that Dr. Jennifer Berry Matthesen will fill a vacated seat, bringing the Weston RTC to a full 25-member roster.
Matthesen and her family moved to Weston in 2010 and she has become an active member of the community through the PTO, Weston Arts Board and memberships in the Weston Racquet Club and Weston Field Club.
“Since entering our community, Jennifer has displayed a proactive approach," RTC Recruitment Chairman Dawn Rivera said in a statement. "The talent and energy that she brings are great assets, and we are pleased to welcome her as our newest member.”
Matthesen practiced medicine as a general surgeon but put her career on hiatus after the birth of her second child to focus on family and community.
"I have always been extraordinarily proud to be an American," Matthesen said in a statement. "I was blessed to grow up in a wonderful country, where hard work was respected and rewarded, and endless opportunities beckoned to those willing to stick the proverbial neck out and just try.”
- 1 Snow Could Be Returning To Weston, Easton, Redding
- 2 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 3 Weston, Easton, Redding Could Could See Another Round Of Snow
- 4 Snow Could Return To Weston, Easton, Redding For Monday Morning Commute
- 5 Suspect In Custody In Shooting Death Of Bridgeport Construction Worker