EASTON, Conn. – The Board of Selectmen appointed Wendy Bowditch as interim town treasurer for Easton on Tuesday. Bowditch replaces Christine Calvert, who resigned May 29. Bowditch will fill the position until the next municipal election in November 2013.
Bowditch resigned her chairmanship of the Easton Insurance Commission, which she has held for five years, to take the interim treasurer position. Her resignation will be on the agenda of the next selectmen’s meeting.
Bowditch, a broker at J.M. Lummis & Co. in New Canaan, has lived in Easton for 22 years.
The Easton Republican Nominating Committee recommended her appointment as treasurer. It was moved by First Selectman Thomas Hermann and seconded by Selectman Robert Lessler.
- 1 Easton Man To Serve 15 Years In Prison For Trying To Kill Wife By Hanging
- 2 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 3 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 4 Driver Pleads Guilty In Hit-And-Run Death Of Weston Cyclist
- 5 Chance Of Snow Returns To Easton, Redding, Weston Overnight