EASTON, Conn. – The Board of Selectmen appointed Wendy Bowditch as interim town treasurer for Easton on Tuesday. Bowditch replaces Christine Calvert, who resigned May 29. Bowditch will fill the position until the next municipal election in November 2013.
Bowditch resigned her chairmanship of the Easton Insurance Commission, which she has held for five years, to take the interim treasurer position. Her resignation will be on the agenda of the next selectmen’s meeting.
Bowditch, a broker at J.M. Lummis & Co. in New Canaan, has lived in Easton for 22 years.
The Easton Republican Nominating Committee recommended her appointment as treasurer. It was moved by First Selectman Thomas Hermann and seconded by Selectman Robert Lessler.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Weston On Wednesday
- 2 Danbury Fair Goes Green By Adding Fuel Cell To Power The Mall
- 3 Weston, Easton, Redding Named Among SafeWise's Safest Places In State
- 4 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola
- 5 Change In Management As CEO Resigns From Westport Weston Family Y