EASTON, Conn. – The Board of Selectmen appointed Wendy Bowditch as interim town treasurer for Easton on Tuesday. Bowditch replaces Christine Calvert, who resigned May 29. Bowditch will fill the position until the next municipal election in November 2013.
Bowditch resigned her chairmanship of the Easton Insurance Commission, which she has held for five years, to take the interim treasurer position. Her resignation will be on the agenda of the next selectmen’s meeting.
Bowditch, a broker at J.M. Lummis & Co. in New Canaan, has lived in Easton for 22 years.
The Easton Republican Nominating Committee recommended her appointment as treasurer. It was moved by First Selectman Thomas Hermann and seconded by Selectman Robert Lessler.
- 1 9 Billionaires In Connecticut Make The Cut For Forbes 400
- 2 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 3 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 4 Sandy Hook Students Safe After Evacuation Due To Bomb Threat
- 5 Real Estate Developer Appointed To Weston Building Board Of Appeals