EASTON, Conn. -- The Town of Easton will hold a special town meeting and a public budget hearing on Monday, March 24, at Samuel Staples Elementary School.
The Town meeting will be held at 7 p.m. to discuss and take possible action on a proposed ordinance that would prevent the town from acquiring, lending, borrowing, leasing, nor disposing of any real town property by any means whatsoever without the prior express approval of its legislative body.
Selectman Robert Lessler, who voted against conducting the town meeting on the legislation, said the ordinance could have a negative impact on the way certain departments like Parks and Recreation conduct their operations, according to the Easton Courier.
At 8 p.m., the public budget hearing will began at Samuel Staples Elementary. The town will present itemized estimates of expenditures for the fiscal year, including a five-year capital project plan and hear all interested persons concerning proposed appropriations.
Samuel Staples Elementary School is located at 515 Morehouse Road.
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenager
- 2 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 3 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced
- 4 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 5 Candy From School Trip To China Makes Weston Students, Teachers Sick