EASTON, Conn. -- The Town of Easton will hold a special town meeting and a public budget hearing on Monday, March 24, at Samuel Staples Elementary School.
The Town meeting will be held at 7 p.m. to discuss and take possible action on a proposed ordinance that would prevent the town from acquiring, lending, borrowing, leasing, nor disposing of any real town property by any means whatsoever without the prior express approval of its legislative body.
Selectman Robert Lessler, who voted against conducting the town meeting on the legislation, said the ordinance could have a negative impact on the way certain departments like Parks and Recreation conduct their operations, according to the Easton Courier.
At 8 p.m., the public budget hearing will began at Samuel Staples Elementary. The town will present itemized estimates of expenditures for the fiscal year, including a five-year capital project plan and hear all interested persons concerning proposed appropriations.
Samuel Staples Elementary School is located at 515 Morehouse Road.
- 1 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 2 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 3 Chance Of Snow Returns To Easton, Redding, Weston Overnight
- 4 United Illuminating, Easton's Power Supplier, Sold To Spanish Firm
- 5 Police Search Icy Lake Ontario For Missing Student, 21, From Fairfield