EASTON, Conn. -- The Town of Easton will hold a special town meeting and a public budget hearing on Monday, March 24, at Samuel Staples Elementary School.
The Town meeting will be held at 7 p.m. to discuss and take possible action on a proposed ordinance that would prevent the town from acquiring, lending, borrowing, leasing, nor disposing of any real town property by any means whatsoever without the prior express approval of its legislative body.
Selectman Robert Lessler, who voted against conducting the town meeting on the legislation, said the ordinance could have a negative impact on the way certain departments like Parks and Recreation conduct their operations, according to the Easton Courier.
At 8 p.m., the public budget hearing will began at Samuel Staples Elementary. The town will present itemized estimates of expenditures for the fiscal year, including a five-year capital project plan and hear all interested persons concerning proposed appropriations.
Samuel Staples Elementary School is located at 515 Morehouse Road.
- 1 9 Billionaires In Connecticut Make The Cut For Forbes 400
- 2 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 3 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 4 Sandy Hook Students Safe After Evacuation Due To Bomb Threat
- 5 Real Estate Developer Appointed To Weston Building Board Of Appeals