EASTON, Conn. ‒ Easton voters supported Republican candidates in all contests Tuesday, backing the winner only in the state representative race.
Easton cast 2,329 votes for State Rep. John Shaban to 1,497 for Democrat Leon Karvelis. Shaban won reelection to represent the 135th District, which also includes Weston and Redding.
Easton supported Mitt Romney for president with 2,380 votes to 1,841 for President Obama.
It also backed Linda McMahon for Senate, 2,214-1,759, over Democrat Chris Murphy. Libertarian candidate Paul Passarelli received 40 votes.
- 1 Weston Man Charged With Hitting Pedestrian In Westport
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 3 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 4 Bear Tranquilized, Captured After Romp In Fairfield
- 5 Fairfield Bear Cub Is Adjusting To New Home In The Wild