EASTON, Conn. ‒ Easton voters supported Republican candidates in all contests Tuesday, backing the winner only in the state representative race.
Easton cast 2,329 votes for State Rep. John Shaban to 1,497 for Democrat Leon Karvelis. Shaban won reelection to represent the 135th District, which also includes Weston and Redding.
Easton supported Mitt Romney for president with 2,380 votes to 1,841 for President Obama.
It also backed Linda McMahon for Senate, 2,214-1,759, over Democrat Chris Murphy. Libertarian candidate Paul Passarelli received 40 votes.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Weston On Wednesday
- 2 Freeze Warning Is In Effect For Weston, Easton, Redding
- 3 Weston, Easton, Redding Named Among SafeWise's Safest Places In State
- 4 Easton Triathlete Takes 6th In Age Group At World Ironman Race
- 5 Police: Chief MacNamara, Baby OK After Three-Car Crash In Fairfield