EASTON, Conn. ‒ Easton voters supported Republican candidates in all contests Tuesday, backing the winner only in the state representative race.
Easton cast 2,329 votes for State Rep. John Shaban to 1,497 for Democrat Leon Karvelis. Shaban won reelection to represent the 135th District, which also includes Weston and Redding.
Easton supported Mitt Romney for president with 2,380 votes to 1,841 for President Obama.
It also backed Linda McMahon for Senate, 2,214-1,759, over Democrat Chris Murphy. Libertarian candidate Paul Passarelli received 40 votes.
- 1 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 2 Two Students From Fairfield Warde Seriously Injured In Midday Car Crash
- 3 Severe Thunderstorm Watch Is In Effect In Weston, Easton, Redding
- 4 Weston Home On Golf Course Offers Aspetuck Grandeur
- 5 Weston's Weinstein Seeks 4th Term; Spaulding Joins Ticket As Running Mate