WESTPORT, Conn. -- The Republican nominating convention for probate judge for the Westport and Weston Judicial District recently nominated Judge Lisa Wexler to run for a full term in November.
Michael Rea, a member of the Westport Board of Finance, nominated Wexler. The nomination was seconded by Weston resident Teri Gaberman.
“Since Lisa was elected, she has made incredible progress in organizing and refocusing an office that is so important to our community, yet was unknown to so many of us," Britta Lerner, chairman of the Weston Republican Town Committee, said in a statement. "Lisa’s willingness to engage with the public and address their concerns in an open, honest and timely fashion makes her a strong probate judge who will continue to serve us well.”
Wexler has been a Westport resident since 1989 and was admitted to the New York Bar in 1985. She was previously elected to the Westport Zoning Board of Appeals and appointed to the Westport Planning and Zoning Commission.
Wexler was elected probate judge of Westport and Weston last November in a special election to fill the term of Kevin O’Grady.
- 1 Easton Firefighter Spots Bear On Valley Road
- 2 Man Shot To Death At Bridgeport Restaurant; Owner Injured
- 3 Integrate Function, Color, Style Into Your Backyard, Say Weston Designers
- 4 Cigarette Assault, New Leader At Barlow Top Week's News In Easton, Redding
- 5 Weston, Easton, Redding Could See Storms As Weekend Wraps Up