FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Chris Murphy (D) has defeated Linda McMahon (R) in the race for Connecticut's U.S. Senate seat being vacated by the retiring Sen. Joe Lieberman, NBC reported Tuesday night.
The race was called in Murphy's favor just a half-hour after Connecticut's polls closed.
"McMahon did worse this time than she did the first time she ran," said Susan Cocco, Ridgefield's Democratic Town Committee chairwoman. Cocco added that McMahon's loss was proof that spending millions couldn't guarantee a win.
Check back with The Daily Voice for more Election 2012 updates.
- 1 Western Connecticut Reopens Evacuated Buildings On Midtown Danbury Campus
- 2 Weston Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 3 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 4 77 Kettle Creek Road Is The Weston Daily Voice House Of The Week
- 5 CDC Confirms First Case Of EV-D68 In Connecticut Child