FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Chris Murphy (D) has defeated Linda McMahon (R) in the race for Connecticut's U.S. Senate seat being vacated by the retiring Sen. Joe Lieberman, NBC reported Tuesday night.
The race was called in Murphy's favor just a half-hour after Connecticut's polls closed.
"McMahon did worse this time than she did the first time she ran," said Susan Cocco, Ridgefield's Democratic Town Committee chairwoman. Cocco added that McMahon's loss was proof that spending millions couldn't guarantee a win.
Check back with The Daily Voice for more Election 2012 updates.
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Greenwich Mom Gets Probation For Allowing Wild Teen Party In Easton
- 3 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 4 Aranci 67 Serves Up A Taste Of Southern Italy In Georgetown
- 5 Ribbon-Cutting Joins Trails In Easton's Centennial Watershed Forest