FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Chris Murphy (D) has defeated Linda McMahon (R) in the race for Connecticut's U.S. Senate seat being vacated by the retiring Sen. Joe Lieberman, NBC reported Tuesday night.
The race was called in Murphy's favor just a half-hour after Connecticut's polls closed.
"McMahon did worse this time than she did the first time she ran," said Susan Cocco, Ridgefield's Democratic Town Committee chairwoman. Cocco added that McMahon's loss was proof that spending millions couldn't guarantee a win.
Check back with The Daily Voice for more Election 2012 updates.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Weston On Wednesday
- 2 Danbury Fair Goes Green By Adding Fuel Cell To Power The Mall
- 3 Weston, Easton, Redding Named Among SafeWise's Safest Places In State
- 4 Change In Management As CEO Resigns From Westport Weston Family Y
- 5 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola