FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Chris Murphy (D) has defeated Linda McMahon (R) in the race for Connecticut's U.S. Senate seat being vacated by the retiring Sen. Joe Lieberman, NBC reported Tuesday night.
The race was called in Murphy's favor just a half-hour after Connecticut's polls closed.
"McMahon did worse this time than she did the first time she ran," said Susan Cocco, Ridgefield's Democratic Town Committee chairwoman. Cocco added that McMahon's loss was proof that spending millions couldn't guarantee a win.
Check back with The Daily Voice for more Election 2012 updates.
- 1 Man Found Dead In Car In Grocery Store Parking Lot In Fairfield
- 2 Supreme Court: No Immunity For Police In Fatal Raid On Easton Home
- 3 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Weston, Easton, Redding
- 4 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Snow Flurries, Hail Fall In Weston; Patchy Frost Likely Overnight