FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Chris Murphy (D) has defeated Linda McMahon (R) in the race for Connecticut's U.S. Senate seat being vacated by the retiring Sen. Joe Lieberman, NBC reported Tuesday night.
The race was called in Murphy's favor just a half-hour after Connecticut's polls closed.
"McMahon did worse this time than she did the first time she ran," said Susan Cocco, Ridgefield's Democratic Town Committee chairwoman. Cocco added that McMahon's loss was proof that spending millions couldn't guarantee a win.
Check back with The Daily Voice for more Election 2012 updates.
- 1 Connecticut Report Cites Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 2 Winter Storm Watch Is In Effect For Easton, Weston, Redding
- 3 Easton, Redding, Weston Could See 6 To 10 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 4 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm
- 5 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In Weston, Easton, Redding