REDDING/EASTON, Conn. -- Voters in Redding approved the town budget in a Tuesday referendum and also joined with Easton residents in passing the Region 9 school spending plan, according to the Redding Pilot.
Redding and Easton voters also approved a $1.455 million roof restoration project at Joel Barlow High School.
The Redding town budget for 2014-15 will be $47.47 million, bringing a mill rate of 28.91, which is down by 0.04 mills over the 2013-14 fiscal year.
The combined Region 9 school budget for 2014-15 totals nearly $22.7 million. Redding’s share is $12.3 million, while Easton’s is $10.4 million.
Read the full story here in the Redding Pilot.
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 2 Candy From School Trip To China Makes Weston Students, Teachers Sick
- 3 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced
- 4 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 5 NBC Pressures New Canaan's Brian Williams To Quit, Says Report