REDDING/EASTON, Conn. -- Voters in Redding approved the town budget in a Tuesday referendum and also joined with Easton residents in passing the Region 9 school spending plan, according to the Redding Pilot.
Redding and Easton voters also approved a $1.455 million roof restoration project at Joel Barlow High School.
The Redding town budget for 2014-15 will be $47.47 million, bringing a mill rate of 28.91, which is down by 0.04 mills over the 2013-14 fiscal year.
The combined Region 9 school budget for 2014-15 totals nearly $22.7 million. Redding’s share is $12.3 million, while Easton’s is $10.4 million.
Read the full story here in the Redding Pilot.
- 1 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 2 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 3 Big Crowds Come Out For Memorial Day Parade In Weston
- 4 Two Students From Fairfield Warde Seriously Injured In Midday Car Crash
- 5 Severe Thunderstorm Watch Is In Effect In Weston, Easton, Redding