WESTON, Conn. -- The Weston Republican Town Committee approved three new members at its January meeting.
The committee selected Mark Crowley, Robert Ferguson and Christopher Moore during the meeting on Jan. 13.
"We are delighted to have our strong core members of the Republican Town Committee returning and to welcome these three talented new individuals who will bring fresh talent and energy to our team," Chairman Britta Lerner said.
Crowley is an accountant with Deloitte & Touche, Ferguson is a portfolio manager and Moore is a GE attorney as well as past Board of Education candidate.
The open seats were made available by the retirement of four long-term members whose tenures totaled nearly 100 years: Jane Gray, 40 years; Dr. Tom Aquila, 30 years; Glenn Major, 20 years; and Martha Diamant, six years.
The new members will officially take their places in March.
- 1 Man Found Dead In Car In Grocery Store Parking Lot In Fairfield
- 2 Supreme Court: No Immunity For Police In Fatal Raid On Easton Home
- 3 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 4 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Weston, Easton, Redding
- 5 Candy From School Trip To China Makes Weston Students, Teachers Sick