WESTON, Conn. -- The Weston Republican Town Committee is endorsing Dan Debicella in his bid to run for Congress.
The town committee joins a number of Weston leaders, including former State Rep. John Stripp, former First Selectman Woody Bliss, Selectman Dennis Tracey, former RTC Chairs Glenn Major and Judy Stripp and current RTC Chair Britta Lerner, in supporting Debicella.
“I am honored to have the endorsement of the Weston Republican Town Committee,” said businessman and candidate Debicella. “Weston has been blessed to have such competent leadership, and I am proud to have them on my team.”
The Weston RTC joins more than 125 other endorsements from Republican mayors, first selectmen, legislators and town leaders.
Debicella was the 2010 Republican nominee in running for the 4th District in the U.S. House. He has been named as one of the top 36 targeted races in the country by the National Republican Congressional Committee, according to a press release.
The candidate who gains the Republican nomination will challenge U.S. Rep. Jim Himes (D-4th District) in the fall.
- 1 Connecticut Report Finds Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 2 Easton Man Arrested After Crashing Car In Fairfield, Fleeing On Foot
- 3 Easton Girl Dances Role Of Snow Queen In 'Nutcracker'
- 4 Frigid Wind Chills Will Continue In Easton, Redding, Weston
- 5 Father Pleads Not Guilty In Death Of Son In Hot Car In Ridgefield