WESTON, Conn. – Weston voted for Democratic candidates in the national elections Tuesday, supporting President Obama, Christopher Murphy and Jim Himes.
According to unofficial election results, Weston cast 2,947 votes for President Obama and 2,536 for Mitt Romney. Murphy received 2,842 votes in his Senate race against Linda McMahon, who had 2,490 votes. And U.S. Rep. Jim Himes received 3,027 votes to 2,322 for Republican Steve Obsitnik.
In the state races, Republicans fared better, with Sen. Toni Boucher and Rep. John Shaban winning reelection with Weston’s support. Boucher received 1,708 votes to 1,432 for Democrat Carolanne Curry, and John Shaban nipped Democrat Leon Karvelis 2,536 to 2,534.
Weston also voted to amend the Town Charter by a 3,039 to 996 margin.
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Weston, Easton
- 3 Weston Students Win Westport Halloween Window Painting Contest
- 4 Real Estate Sales Fall In Weston, Rise In Easton
- 5 Aranci 67 Serves Up A Taste Of Southern Italy In Georgetown