EASTON, Conn. -- The Easton Arts Council is accepting submissions for the Young Writers Competition.
The fifth annual competition accepts entries from students in Easton, Redding, Newtown, Monroe, Trumbull, Fairfield, Westport and Weston. The entry deadline is Feb. 24. Entries will be divided into elementary school, grades 3 to 5; middle school, grades 6 to 8; and high school, grades 9 to 12. Three $25 prizes will be awarded.
The topic for the competition is “Your Most Memorable Hometown Experience,” real or imagined. Entries may be prose, poetry, play, or screenplay and each entry will be evaluated on originality, quality of writing and interpretation of theme.
Award-winning Easton author/artists Elise Broach, Verne Gay and Karen Thorsen will be the judges for the competition. Prize-winning entries will be announced on March 10 and read at the Easton Arts Council’s Youth Art & Talent Show on March 16.
A $5 entry fee plus an Easton Arts Council membership ($25 per family or $5 per youth) is required for all entrants. Submission forms and entry and membership fees should be mailed to EAC, P.O. Box 142, Easton CT 06612. For questions, call Karen Thorsen, 203-261-4747. All entries must be submitted to YWC@eastonartscouncil.org no later than Feb. 24.
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Greenwich Mom Gets Probation For Allowing Wild Teen Party In Easton
- 3 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 4 Police Issue Alert For Missing Connecticut Teens
- 5 Ribbon-Cutting Joins Trails In Easton's Centennial Watershed Forest