EASTON, Conn. -- The Easton PTA is seeking donations to help complete the Joan Parker Outdoor Classroom at Helen Keller Middle School.
The Helen Keller Middle School PTA and the Easton Learning Foundation are hoping to have the space completed by April but still need funding for Trex seating, decking, mulch and plantings.
According to Helen Keller Middle School PTO and ELF, outdoor classrooms enhance student focus, spark creativity, improve problem solving ability, foster clarity, boost happiness and decrease stress.
All students at Helen Keller Middle School will be able to take advantage of the space once it is completed.
The HKMS PTA is asking for $5, $10 or $20 contributions. All donations are tax deductible.
Make checks payable to ELF and write "Outdoor Classroom" in the memo. Checks can be mailed to:
Post Office Box 437
Easton, CT 06612
- 1 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7
- 2 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters
- 3 Severe Storms Could Cause Flooding In Weston, Easton, Redding
- 4 Weston Police Assist At Large Brawl In Norwalk Park After Shots Were Fired
- 5 Feds Raid 'Subway Guy' Jared Fogle's Home In Child Porn Investigation