EASTON, Conn. -- The Easton PTA is seeking donations to help complete the Joan Parker Outdoor Classroom at Helen Keller Middle School.
The Helen Keller Middle School PTA and the Easton Learning Foundation are hoping to have the space completed by April but still need funding for Trex seating, decking, mulch and plantings.
According to Helen Keller Middle School PTO and ELF, outdoor classrooms enhance student focus, spark creativity, improve problem solving ability, foster clarity, boost happiness and decrease stress.
All students at Helen Keller Middle School will be able to take advantage of the space once it is completed.
The HKMS PTA is asking for $5, $10 or $20 contributions. All donations are tax deductible.
Make checks payable to ELF and write "Outdoor Classroom" in the memo. Checks can be mailed to:
Post Office Box 437
Easton, CT 06612
- 1 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 2 Snow Could Return To Weston, Easton, Redding For Monday Morning Commute
- 3 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach
- 4 Weston, Easton, Redding Could Could See Another Round Of Snow
- 5 Chance Of Snow Returns To Easton, Weston Tuesday Evening