EASTON, Conn. -- The Region 9 School District, serving Easton and Redding, has released a proposed 2014-15 budget that would see a 1.4 percent increase in spending, according to the Easton Courier.
Based on student enrollment, the new budget would mean a tax decrease of 0.036 percent for Redding residents, but a 3.15 percent hike for Easton residents, the Easton Courier reported.
The plan includes some big-ticket expenditures, including a boiler replacement for $73,418 and repairs to Barlow Drive for $225,000, the Easton Courier said.
- 1 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 2 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 3 Big Crowds Come Out For Memorial Day Parade In Weston
- 4 Two Students From Fairfield Warde Seriously Injured In Midday Car Crash
- 5 Severe Thunderstorm Watch Is In Effect In Weston, Easton, Redding