EASTON, Conn. -- The Region 9 School District, serving Easton and Redding, has released a proposed 2014-15 budget that would see a 1.4 percent increase in spending, according to the Easton Courier.
Based on student enrollment, the new budget would mean a tax decrease of 0.036 percent for Redding residents, but a 3.15 percent hike for Easton residents, the Easton Courier reported.
The plan includes some big-ticket expenditures, including a boiler replacement for $73,418 and repairs to Barlow Drive for $225,000, the Easton Courier said.
- 1 Danbury Fair Goes Green By Adding Fuel Cell To Power The Mall
- 2 Weston, Easton, Redding Named Among SafeWise's Safest Places In State
- 3 Change In Management As CEO Resigns From Westport Weston Family Y
- 4 Redding Skater Glides Onto Skate America Ice For Grand Prix Debut
- 5 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola