EASTON, Conn. -- The Region 9 School District, serving Easton and Redding, has released a proposed 2014-15 budget that would see a 1.4 percent increase in spending, according to the Easton Courier.
Based on student enrollment, the new budget would mean a tax decrease of 0.036 percent for Redding residents, but a 3.15 percent hike for Easton residents, the Easton Courier reported.
The plan includes some big-ticket expenditures, including a boiler replacement for $73,418 and repairs to Barlow Drive for $225,000, the Easton Courier said.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 3 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 4 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal
- 5 Danbury Police Search For Missing 14-Year-Old Girl