EASTON, Conn. -- The Region 9 School District, serving Easton and Redding, has released a proposed 2014-15 budget that would see a 1.4 percent increase in spending, according to the Easton Courier.
Based on student enrollment, the new budget would mean a tax decrease of 0.036 percent for Redding residents, but a 3.15 percent hike for Easton residents, the Easton Courier reported.
The plan includes some big-ticket expenditures, including a boiler replacement for $73,418 and repairs to Barlow Drive for $225,000, the Easton Courier said.
- 1 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 2 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 3 Chance Of Snow Returns To Easton, Redding, Weston Overnight
- 4 United Illuminating, Easton's Power Supplier, Sold To Spanish Firm
- 5 Police Search Icy Lake Ontario For Missing Student, 21, From Fairfield