EASTON, Conn. -- The Region 9 School District, serving Easton and Redding, has released a proposed 2014-15 budget that would see a 1.4 percent increase in spending, according to the Easton Courier.
Based on student enrollment, the new budget would mean a tax decrease of 0.036 percent for Redding residents, but a 3.15 percent hike for Easton residents, the Easton Courier reported.
The plan includes some big-ticket expenditures, including a boiler replacement for $73,418 and repairs to Barlow Drive for $225,000, the Easton Courier said.
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 2 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced
- 3 Candy From School Trip To China Makes Weston Students, Teachers Sick
- 4 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 5 Freeze Watch Issued As Wind-Chill Factor Drops To Mid-20s In Weston