EASTON, Conn. -- Students at Easton's Helen Keller Middle School are preparing for three performances of "Where the Harp Lies," an original musical written by Diana Canova and Kathy Weiss.
The plot is loosely based on the early 19th-century British fairy tale, “Jack and the Beanstalk.” The setting of this story, however, is Cuba, and with that, brings music infused with Latin rhythms and bright and colorful set decorations.
Canova, a Redding resident and television veteran known for her role on the 1970's sitcom "Soap," has been collaborating on plays and musicals in the district with Weiss, a music teacher at Redding Elementary School, for more than 20 years.
The play will be held in the Samuel Staples Elementary School Cafetorium at 7 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 6; at 7 p.m. Friday, Feb. 7; and at 4 p.m Saturday, Feb. 8.
All tickets are general admission and cost $15 each. Seating is limited.
For tickets, contact Denise Lynch at firstname.lastname@example.org. For further questions about the upcoming show, contact the show’s producers, HKMS teachers, Robin Hurta at email@example.com or Eric Dolecki at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Winter Storm Watch Is In Effect For Easton, Weston, Redding
- 2 Storm May Drop Nearly A Foot Of Snow On Easton, Redding, Weston
- 3 Norwalk Man Dies After Being Ejected From Car In Route 7 Crash
- 4 Easton, Redding, Weston Could See 6 To 10 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 5 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm