EASTON, Conn. -- Students at Easton's Helen Keller Middle School are preparing for three performances of "Where the Harp Lies," an original musical written by Diana Canova and Kathy Weiss.
The plot is loosely based on the early 19th-century British fairy tale, “Jack and the Beanstalk.” The setting of this story, however, is Cuba, and with that, brings music infused with Latin rhythms and bright and colorful set decorations.
Canova, a Redding resident and television veteran known for her role on the 1970's sitcom "Soap," has been collaborating on plays and musicals in the district with Weiss, a music teacher at Redding Elementary School, for more than 20 years.
The play will be held in the Samuel Staples Elementary School Cafetorium at 7 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 6; at 7 p.m. Friday, Feb. 7; and at 4 p.m Saturday, Feb. 8.
All tickets are general admission and cost $15 each. Seating is limited.
For tickets, contact Denise Lynch at firstname.lastname@example.org. For further questions about the upcoming show, contact the show’s producers, HKMS teachers, Robin Hurta at email@example.com or Eric Dolecki at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 9 Billionaires In Connecticut Make The Cut For Forbes 400
- 2 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 3 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 4 Real Estate Developer Appointed To Weston Building Board Of Appeals
- 5 Weston Letter: Kim Fawcett Listens