Weston, Conn. - The Hurlbutt Elementary School Book Fair that takes place next week isn't just for school kids. Parents, family and other Weston residents are invited to shop for books that make great holiday gifts.
The theme for this year's fair is "All-Star Book Review: Every Reader is a Star!" Hurlbutt students will visit the book fair with their classes and it's also open to the public.
The fair takes place Monday through Friday until 4:30 p.m. each day. Special events for parents will be held, with Muffins for Mom Tuesday from 7:30 to 9:30 a.m. and Donuts for Dad Thursday from 7:30 to 9:30 a.m.
“This is a great opportunity for families, relatives and community members to purchase books and other items in preparation for the holiday season, or to stock up for the whole year,” said Amy Jansen, chair of the book fair.
- 1 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 2 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 3 Weston, Easton, Redding Will See Widespread Snow Into Monday
- 4 United Illuminating, Easton's Power Supplier, Sold To Spanish Firm
- 5 Police Search Icy Lake Ontario For Missing Student, 21, From Fairfield