Weston, Conn. - The Hurlbutt Elementary School Book Fair that takes place next week isn't just for school kids. Parents, family and other Weston residents are invited to shop for books that make great holiday gifts.
The theme for this year's fair is "All-Star Book Review: Every Reader is a Star!" Hurlbutt students will visit the book fair with their classes and it's also open to the public.
The fair takes place Monday through Friday until 4:30 p.m. each day. Special events for parents will be held, with Muffins for Mom Tuesday from 7:30 to 9:30 a.m. and Donuts for Dad Thursday from 7:30 to 9:30 a.m.
“This is a great opportunity for families, relatives and community members to purchase books and other items in preparation for the holiday season, or to stock up for the whole year,” said Amy Jansen, chair of the book fair.
- 1 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Big Crowds Come Out For Memorial Day Parade In Weston
- 4 Two Students From Fairfield Warde Seriously Injured In Midday Car Crash
- 5 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich