WESTON, Conn. -- Parents of Weston Middle School students who were the target of "offensive and threatening comments" made on Instagram have released some of the threats anonymously to the Weston Forum.
The username of the account making the threats, "wms_couples_love," was also released to the Weston Forum.
Weston police are executing a search warrant with Instagram, a photograph-sharing and social network owned by Facebook, to try to get more information about the person behind the anonymous account making the bullying remarks, the Weston Forum story said.
As was reported on Thursday, police do not believe there is a "credible threat" against any student.
The person behind "wms_couples_love" has since removed the bullying remarks and in place posted an apology, saying that he or she "just wanted attention," according to the article.
- 1 Weston, Easton Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Forecast Worsens With More Snow Predicted For Easton, Redding, Weston
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Weston With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 4 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Weston, Easton; Blizzard Watch Issued
- 5 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield