WESTON, Conn. -- Parents of Weston Middle School students who were the target of "offensive and threatening comments" made on Instagram have released some of the threats anonymously to the Weston Forum.
The username of the account making the threats, "wms_couples_love," was also released to the Weston Forum.
Weston police are executing a search warrant with Instagram, a photograph-sharing and social network owned by Facebook, to try to get more information about the person behind the anonymous account making the bullying remarks, the Weston Forum story said.
As was reported on Thursday, police do not believe there is a "credible threat" against any student.
The person behind "wms_couples_love" has since removed the bullying remarks and in place posted an apology, saying that he or she "just wanted attention," according to the article.
- 1 Connecticut Report Cites Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 2 Winter Storm Watch Is In Effect For Easton, Weston, Redding
- 3 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In Weston, Easton, Redding
- 4 Easton, Redding, Weston Could See 6 To 10 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 5 Easton Man’s Arrest After Crashing Car In Fairfield Tops Week’s News