REDDING, Conn. -- Redding's Olivia J. Tompkins has been inducted into the St. Lawrence University English Department's honorary society.
Tompkins, a member of the class of 2016 at St. Lawrence, was recently named to the Irving Bacheller Society. Tompkins is majoring in English and performance and communications arts. Tompkins graduated from Joel Barlow High School.
To be eligible for membership, students must have either completed four English courses and maintained a 3.5 grade point average in English or completed six English courses with at least a 3.25 GPA in English and a 3.0 GPA overall, according to a release.
The Irving Bacheller Society is named for 1882 graduate of St. Lawrence Eben Holden, who went on to write the first best-selling novel of the 20th century.
- 1 Weston, Easton Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Forecast Worsens With More Snow Predicted For Easton, Redding, Weston
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Weston With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 4 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Weston, Easton; Blizzard Watch Issued
- 5 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield