REDDING, Conn. -- Redding's Olivia J. Tompkins has been inducted into the St. Lawrence University English Department's honorary society.
Tompkins, a member of the class of 2016 at St. Lawrence, was recently named to the Irving Bacheller Society. Tompkins is majoring in English and performance and communications arts. Tompkins graduated from Joel Barlow High School.
To be eligible for membership, students must have either completed four English courses and maintained a 3.5 grade point average in English or completed six English courses with at least a 3.25 GPA in English and a 3.0 GPA overall, according to a release.
The Irving Bacheller Society is named for 1882 graduate of St. Lawrence Eben Holden, who went on to write the first best-selling novel of the 20th century.
- 1 Easton Man To Serve 15 Years In Prison For Trying To Kill Wife By Hanging
- 2 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 3 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 4 Driver Pleads Guilty In Hit-And-Run Death Of Weston Cyclist
- 5 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield