REDDING, Conn. -- Redding's Joel Barlow High School will be the site of a forum on students and their use of technology at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 28.
The community forum will address consequences of students hurting themselves or others through their use of social media and technology.
The forum is hosted by both middle school parent teacher associations from Easton and Redding and will feature a panel of local experts.
Richard Colangelo, senior assistant state’s attorney; Dan Geraghty, dean of students and director of student activities at Barlow; Mark Pastor, Easton school resource officer; and Kurt Oestreicher, digital forensics investigator, will make up the panel that will be moderated by Dale Barcham, school psychologist at Barlow.
"The panel will speak about the benefits and dangers of social media," school officials said. "They will also offer tips on how adults can guide students in making good decisions about their use of social media."
Joel Barlow High School is at 100 Black Rock Turnpike in Redding.
- 1 Weston, Easton, Redding Will See Widespread Snow Into Monday
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Storm Hits Weston, Easton, Redding
- 3 Father Of Missing Fairfield Man Fears Search 'Will Not End Well'
- 4 Snow Likely At End Of Weekend In Weston, Easton, Redding
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48