WESTON, Conn. -- The Greater Bridgeport Area (GBA) Scholarship Program is offering scholarship money to students who live in Weston.
To be eligible to apply, students must be a high school senior or an undergraduate or graduate college student attending an accredited college, university or a specialized or advanced vocational training program.
The GBA is designed to provide financial support to students in pursuit of a post-high school education. The program offers multiple awards from the general GBA Scholarship Fund in addition to more than 30 separate scholarship funds within the program, giving students the opportunity to apply for up to four different scholarships.
High school seniors must have the application submitted by March 31. College and vocational students have until April 30 to submit their applications.
Last year, the foundation and its donors awarded more than 300 scholarships totaling more than $740,000 to students throughout Fairfield County.
Details and information on the eligibility criteria, as well as the online application are available at www.fccfoundation.org. High school students can also contact their guidance counselors.
- 1 Red Flag Warning Issued For Fairfield County
- 2 Teen Takes Responsibility For 2008 Death Of 13-Year-Old Wilton Bicyclist
- 3 Heavy Rain, Possible Thunderstorms Will Move Into Weston, Easton, Redding
- 4 Weston Woman Charged With Disorderly Conduct In Fight With Boyfriend
- 5 Man Gets 14 Years In Prison For Fairfield Jewelry Store Robbery, Kidnapping