WESTON, Conn. -- Weston High School and Joel Barlow High School in Redding were both named among the top public high schools in Connecticut and received gold medals in the annual U.S. News & World Report study.
Weston High ranked third in the state and is the highest-ranked school in Fairfield County. Joel Barlow High ranked 13th in the state and sixth in the county.
Nationally, Weston ranked 182nd and Barlow ranked 384th.
Weston and Barlow were among 500 high schools that earned gold medals nationwide.
U.S. News analyzed more than 31,200 public high schools in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, and has published data on more than 19,400, including student demographics and results on state exams and Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate tests.
In the national rankings, 1,519 schools took home silver and 2,688 were awarded bronze.
The top ten schools in Fairfield County include:
1. Weston High School
2. Wilton High School
3. Ridgefield High School
4. Staples High School
5. Darien High School
6. Joel Barlow High School
7. Greenwich High School
8. New Canaan High School
9. Fairfield Ludlowe High School
10. Fairfield Warde High School
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Weston On Wednesday
- 2 Danbury Fair Goes Green By Adding Fuel Cell To Power The Mall
- 3 Weston, Easton, Redding Named Among SafeWise's Safest Places In State
- 4 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola
- 5 Change In Management As CEO Resigns From Westport Weston Family Y