WESTON AND REDDING, Conn. – Weston High School and Easton and Redding’s Joel Barlow High School both rank among the 10 best in Connecticut, according to U.S. News & World Report.
The magazine released its annual state-by-state rankings of public high schools this week. Weston High came in at No. 3 in Connecticut, behind Darien High School and West Hartford’s Conard High School. Joel Barlow was No. 9 in the state. Both schools also received a “gold” rating.
U.S. News & World Report determined its rankings based on a combination of student-to-teacher ratio, percentage of students passing AP exams and standardized test scores in reading and math. Both Weston and Joel Barlow ranked well above the state average on test results and near the average in class size.
See the full rankings here.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Weston On Wednesday
- 2 Danbury Fair Goes Green By Adding Fuel Cell To Power The Mall
- 3 Weston, Easton, Redding Named Among SafeWise's Safest Places In State
- 4 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola
- 5 Change In Management As CEO Resigns From Westport Weston Family Y