WESTON AND REDDING, Conn. – Weston High School and Easton and Redding’s Joel Barlow High School both rank among the 10 best in Connecticut, according to U.S. News & World Report.
The magazine released its annual state-by-state rankings of public high schools this week. Weston High came in at No. 3 in Connecticut, behind Darien High School and West Hartford’s Conard High School. Joel Barlow was No. 9 in the state. Both schools also received a “gold” rating.
U.S. News & World Report determined its rankings based on a combination of student-to-teacher ratio, percentage of students passing AP exams and standardized test scores in reading and math. Both Weston and Joel Barlow ranked well above the state average on test results and near the average in class size.
See the full rankings here.
- 1 Details Emerge, But Questions Remain In Harrison Double Murder-Suicide
- 2 Easton Man To Serve 15 Years In Prison For Trying To Kill Wife By Hanging
- 3 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 4 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 5 Driver Pleads Guilty In Hit-And-Run Death Of Weston Cyclist