WESTON, Conn. - Weston schools will reopen Wednesday for the first time since Hurricane Sandy struck.
Schools have been closed since Oct. 29. Downed trees that blocked roads, preventing buses from reaching homes, delayed Weston schools from reopening.
On Monday, Weston was one of eight Connecticut school systems that remained closed. The others were Fairfield, Greenwich, New Canaan, Norwalk, Ridgefield, Stamford and Wilton, according to the Connecticut State Department of Education.
- 1 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Storm Hits Weston, Easton, Redding
- 2 Father Of Missing Fairfield Man Fears Search 'Will Not End Well'
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Weston
- 4 15 With Ties To Fairfield County Make Forbes List Of Billionaires
- 5 Easton, Redding, Weston Could See Up To 4 Inches Of Snow In New Storm