WESTON, Conn. - Weston schools will reopen Wednesday for the first time since Hurricane Sandy struck.
Schools have been closed since Oct. 29. Downed trees that blocked roads, preventing buses from reaching homes, delayed Weston schools from reopening.
On Monday, Weston was one of eight Connecticut school systems that remained closed. The others were Fairfield, Greenwich, New Canaan, Norwalk, Ridgefield, Stamford and Wilton, according to the Connecticut State Department of Education.
- 1 Connecticut Report Cites Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 2 Easton Girl Dances Role Of Snow Queen In 'Nutcracker'
- 3 Father Pleads Not Guilty In Death Of Son In Hot Car In Ridgefield
- 4 Connecticut Sends Jumbo Snowblowers To Help Dig Out Buffalo
- 5 Fairfield County Stores Among Best, Worst Black Friday Retailers