WESTON, Conn. - Weston schools will reopen Wednesday for the first time since Hurricane Sandy struck.
Schools have been closed since Oct. 29. Downed trees that blocked roads, preventing buses from reaching homes, delayed Weston schools from reopening.
On Monday, Weston was one of eight Connecticut school systems that remained closed. The others were Fairfield, Greenwich, New Canaan, Norwalk, Ridgefield, Stamford and Wilton, according to the Connecticut State Department of Education.
- 1 Supreme Court: No Immunity For Police In Fatal Raid On Easton Home
- 2 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 3 Candy From School Trip To China Makes Weston Students, Teachers Sick
- 4 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced
- 5 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview