WESTON, Conn. - Weston schools will reopen Wednesday for the first time since Hurricane Sandy struck.
Schools have been closed since Oct. 29. Downed trees that blocked roads, preventing buses from reaching homes, delayed Weston schools from reopening.
On Monday, Weston was one of eight Connecticut school systems that remained closed. The others were Fairfield, Greenwich, New Canaan, Norwalk, Ridgefield, Stamford and Wilton, according to the Connecticut State Department of Education.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Weston On Wednesday
- 2 Freeze Warning Is In Effect For Weston, Easton, Redding
- 3 Weston, Easton, Redding Named Among SafeWise's Safest Places In State
- 4 Easton Triathlete Takes 6th In Age Group At World Ironman Race
- 5 Police: Chief MacNamara, Baby OK After Three-Car Crash In Fairfield