WESTON, Conn. - Weston schools will reopen Wednesday for the first time since Hurricane Sandy struck.
Schools have been closed since Oct. 29. Downed trees that blocked roads, preventing buses from reaching homes, delayed Weston schools from reopening.
On Monday, Weston was one of eight Connecticut school systems that remained closed. The others were Fairfield, Greenwich, New Canaan, Norwalk, Ridgefield, Stamford and Wilton, according to the Connecticut State Department of Education.
- 1 Weston, Easton, Redding Dodge Worst Of Nor'easter
- 2 Police Continue Probe Into Suicide At Danbury Mall
- 3 Snow Likely Overnight Thursday In Easton, Redding, Weston
- 4 Malloy Bans Travel Across Connecticut As Of 9 P.M. Due To Blizzard
- 5 Light Snow Continues In Easton, Weston As Storm Begins To Depart