WESTON, Conn. - Weston schools will reopen Wednesday for the first time since Hurricane Sandy struck.
Schools have been closed since Oct. 29. Downed trees that blocked roads, preventing buses from reaching homes, delayed Weston schools from reopening.
On Monday, Weston was one of eight Connecticut school systems that remained closed. The others were Fairfield, Greenwich, New Canaan, Norwalk, Ridgefield, Stamford and Wilton, according to the Connecticut State Department of Education.
- 1 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7
- 2 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters
- 3 Severe Storms Could Cause Flooding In Weston, Easton, Redding
- 4 Weston Police Assist At Large Brawl In Norwalk Park After Shots Were Fired
- 5 Feds Raid 'Subway Guy' Jared Fogle's Home In Child Porn Investigation