WESTPORT, Conn. – The Westport Weston Family Y’s After School Program, which serves students in kindergarten through fifth grade, will be back in session on Monday, Aug. 25, for the start of the school year. It is at Saugatuck Elementary School, 170 Riverside Ave.
Buses will transfer students each day, from their schools to Saugatuck. Children will be able to play games, do crafts, eat snacks, play outside and do their homework, with help from the Y’s staff. Pickup is at 6 p.m.
Children will additionally be able to take part in swim lessons and recreational swimming on Thursdays and Fridays. They will be transported by bus to the Westport Weston Family Y, 14 Allen Raymond Lane, on the Y’s Mahackeno campus. On those days, parents can be picked up at the Y, or at 6 p.m. back at the school.
“We’re delighted once again to be able to have Saugatuck Elementary as our After School base this year,” Meg George, Camp & Family Services director, said. “The bright and airy cafeteria is a great space for doing crafts and games, having a snack and getting homework done, and just out the back door is a really fun playground.”
She added, “And, of course, we can’t wait to introduce our After School kids to our brand new Y, upon its opening on Aug. 29. They’re going to love our warm-water family pool, with its basketball hoops and splash pad play features. We also have a big new gym and the Nussbaum Kids’ Club, with the Fort Mack playscape.”
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Weston, Easton; Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Forecast Worsens With More Snow Predicted For Easton, Redding, Weston
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Weston With Snow, Ice In Forecast