DANBURY, Conn. - Wooster School held its Commencement Exercises on Friday, June 13, 2014, and celebrated the graduation of 32 students.
These seniors join more than 3,000 alumni who have graduated since Wooster’s founding in 1926.
The following Weston students graduated:
• Anna Lucia Kiely was awarded the following prizes from Wooster School: Honor Award (Top 5 Award Announced at Commencement), Thomas Wilcox ’66 Award for School Spirit in Competitive Athletics, and Athletic Commitment Award. Anna Lucia will be attending Northeastern University.
• Sawyer Gaines will be attending The Evergreen State College and has been awarded an Evergreen Scholarship.
• Isaiah Tsangaris was awarded the following prize from Wooster School: Stephen Logan ’74 Art Award. Isaiah will be attending Massachusetts College of Art and Design.
The ceremony featured a number of speakers, and the awarding of prizes and diplomas. President of the Wooster School Board of Trustees, Jim Mustich offered kind words to Wooster’s soon-to-be graduates. David Newman, Head of Upper School announced the honorees for, “Crayons to Commencement,” commending students who began their Wooster careers in the Lower School.
Senior Prefect, Lucy Kiely ‘14, announced the senior class gift. Funds raised by the senior class purchased a “Generals” mascot costume and will be given as a donation to the Wooster School Angel Fund. Prizes were given out for outstanding Senior Independent Study projects, academic achievements, and awards of character, followed by an address by the class orator, Steve DaSilva ’14.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Weston, Easton; Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Weston With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 5 Weston Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard