REDDING, Conn. – Alex Lockwood rushed 171 yards and two touchdowns Thursday to lead Joel Barlow’s football team to a 29-22 win over Brookfield. The Falcons (8-1) meet Weston on Thanksgiving Day, and a victory would secure a playoff berth in the Class M tournament.
Billy Wilson added 74 yards rushing and two TDs for Barlow. The victory was not secured until Andrew Cheal recovered an onsides kick with 3:03 remaining, and the Falcons went on to kill the clock behind the running of Lockwood and Wilson.
Barlow built a 13-0 lead before Brookfield stormed back to go up 14-13 early in the second quarter. Lockwood re-established momentum quickly for the Falcons, breaking free for an 85-yard touchdown run. That put the Falcons ahead for good. Scott Colby added a 30-yard field goal in the third quarter, and Lockwood scored on a three-yard run in the fourth quarter.
Wilson scored Barlow’s first two touchdowns on two one-yard runs.
Barlow played without starting quarterback Jack Shaban (13 touchdowns), who was injured in last week’s loss to Masuk.
Barlow is currently seeded fourth in Class M. Weston (7-2) is seeded 11th, and could also be among the eight playoff teams if it beats Barlow on Thanksgiving. Weston lost to Masuk on Thursday, 49-0.
Watch for video and more details in The Daily Voice on Friday.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 3 Busy Route 57 In Weston Closing All Summer For Construction
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Fairfield Bear Cub Is Adjusting To New Home In The Wild