WESTON, Conn. – Joel Barlow’s Logan Fulton finished third overall and Weston’s boys cross country team finished 13th in Sunday’s State Open cross country championships.
Fulton ran 16:22 for the 5-kilometer (3.1-mile) course. Staples’ Henry Wynne won in 15:49, followed by Newtown’s Jake Feinstein in 15:58.
It was the third best finish ever at the race for the Weston Trojans, who were led by James Murphy in 64th place. “Our 1-5 split was 39 seconds and our 1-7 split was only 47 seconds,’’ coach Marty Ogden said. “Henry Morris (14th) was the third best No. 7 runner in the state. We may have been a little off this week, but if 13th in the entire state is an off day, I’ll take it.”
Weston’s other scorers included Matthew Proctor (84th), Noah Krassin (87th), Will Glaser (114th) and David Stankiewicz (129th). San Augustyn was Weston’s other runner.
New Milford won the team title for the second time. Weston defeated New Milford during the dual meet season back in September.
- 1 Snow Could Be Returning To Weston, Easton, Redding
- 2 Construction Worker Shot To Death At Road Work Site In Bridgeport
- 3 Weston, Easton, Redding Could Could See Another Round Of Snow
- 4 Suspect In Custody In Shooting Death Of Bridgeport Construction Worker
- 5 Ridgefield Schools Technology Guru Leaving For New Post In Weston