FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Fairfield’s Julie Chu collected an assist and Hillary Knight, who also has Connecticut ties, scored her second goal of the Winter Olympics as Team USA routed Switzerland, 9-0, on Monday in Sochi, Russia.
Chu assisted on Knight’s goal in the first period. Knight, who played at Choate Rosemary Hall in Wallingford, also scored in Team USA’s 3-1 win over Finland in its first game.
Monique Lamoureux, Amanda Kessel and Kendall Coyne had two goals each for Team USA. Alex Carpenter and Brianna Decker had the other goals for the United States, which out-shot Switzerland 53-10.
Team USA plays Canada on Wednesday in a showdown between the two favorites to win the gold medal.
- 1 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Storm Hits Weston, Easton, Redding
- 2 Father Of Missing Fairfield Man Fears Search 'Will Not End Well'
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Weston
- 4 15 With Ties To Fairfield County Make Forbes List Of Billionaires
- 5 Easton, Redding, Weston Could See Up To 4 Inches Of Snow In New Storm