EASTON, Conn. – Easton's Brittney Dumas, a sophomore at Hartwick College in New York, was named the Empire 8 Conference Women’s Basketball Player of the Week. She is a graduate of Joel Barlow High School.
Dumas won the award for the first time this season and second time of her career. She averaged 18.3 points and 9.7 rebounds per game last week as Hartwick went 2-1.
Dumas began the week with 16 points and a game-high nine rebounds in a 67-65 buzzer-beating loss to Vassar on Tuesday. On Friday night, she helped bring the Hawks back from a 12-point first-half deficit to defeat St. John Fisher 71-68. In the game, Dumas scored 16 points, pulled down a game-high 10 boards and added a pair of steals. On Saturday, she shot 11-of-19 from the floor for a game-high 23 points and added a game-high 10 rebounds in a 72-54 victory at Nazareth.
This season, Dumas leads the conference and is ranked 10th in the nation in double-doubles with eight in 13 games. She ranks second in the Empire 8 in both points per game (16.5) and rebounds per game (10.5). Hartwick is 10-3 overall and 4-0 in the conference.
On Tuesday, Dumas added the Eastern Collegiate Athletic Conference (ECAC) Upstate Player of the Week award. It is the first ECAC weekly honor of her career.
- 1 Bridgeport Man Charged In Weston Home Invasion, Assault Of Woman
- 2 Fireman's Carnival Kicks Off In Easton With Food, Fun, Rides
- 3 Owner Of Danbury Pet Shop Charged With Animal Cruelty
- 4 Weston Teen Earns Girl Scout Gold Award For Recycling Project
- 5 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care