EASTON, Conn. – Easton resident Chris Thomas was named the Masters Triathlete of the Year by USA Triathlon.
The award recognizes Thomas’ achievements in 2012, which included a first-place age group finish at the Ironman 70.3 mile World Championships. He finished fourth overall and was the first American in the Ironman World Championships in Hawaii in October.
Thomas was the overall winner of the Stamford KIC It Triathlon and the Park City Mossman Triathlon in Bridgeport. He was the top overall finisher in six races last year, and won his age group in 10 of the 11 races he entered. The Ironman World Championship was the only race in which he did not win his age group.
Thomas is also the owner and director of training at Personal Training Professionals in Southport.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Easton, Redding, Weston
- 2 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 3 Weston, Easton, Redding Could See Light Snow Overnight Into Sunday
- 4 Bookkeeper Charged With Embezzling $165K From Redding Tree Company
- 5 Easton Puts All Land Records, Maps, Images On Town Website