EASTON, Conn. – Easton’s Chris Thomas was named the Men’s Masters Triathlete of the Year on Wednesday by USA Triathlon.
Thomas won the award for the second straight year. He was the top masters finisher at Ironman 70.3 Worlds, the Timberman Sprint Triathlon and Ironman 70.3 Syracuse.
"We again had an outstanding class of awardees for Athletes of the Year," said Steve Sutherland, chair of the USA Triathlon Age Group Committee Athlete of the Year Subcommittee. "The growth of triathlon and multisport under USA Triathlon leadership is reflected in the quality of the Athletes of the Year selected from our large talented pool of candidates."
Thomas is the owner of Personal Training Professionals in Southport. He has been involved in the fitness industry for more than 15 years.
- 1 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 2 Candy From School Trip To China Makes Weston Students, Teachers Sick
- 3 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced
- 4 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 5 Snow Flurries, Hail Fall In Weston; Patchy Frost Likely Overnight