EASTON, Conn. – Easton’s Chris Thomas was named the Men’s Masters Triathlete of the Year on Wednesday by USA Triathlon.
Thomas won the award for the second straight year. He was the top masters finisher at Ironman 70.3 Worlds, the Timberman Sprint Triathlon and Ironman 70.3 Syracuse.
"We again had an outstanding class of awardees for Athletes of the Year," said Steve Sutherland, chair of the USA Triathlon Age Group Committee Athlete of the Year Subcommittee. "The growth of triathlon and multisport under USA Triathlon leadership is reflected in the quality of the Athletes of the Year selected from our large talented pool of candidates."
Thomas is the owner of Personal Training Professionals in Southport. He has been involved in the fitness industry for more than 15 years.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Weston On Wednesday
- 2 Danbury Fair Goes Green By Adding Fuel Cell To Power The Mall
- 3 Weston, Easton, Redding Named Among SafeWise's Safest Places In State
- 4 Change In Management As CEO Resigns From Westport Weston Family Y
- 5 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola