EASTON, Conn. – Easton’s Brittney Dumas, a sophomore at Hartwick College who played at Joel Barlow High School in Redding, was a first team selection to the Empire 8 Conference women’s basketball team.
Dumas is Hartwick’s leading scorer and rebounder, with averages of 15.4 points and 10.4 rebounds per game. She also leads the team in blocked shots and is second in steals. She has 15 games with double figure points and rebounds, which is first in the Empire 8 and 21st overall.
Dumas was the conference Rookie of the Year last year and has helped the team to a 21-4 record and the No. 2 seed for the conference tournament, which begins Friday.
Hartwick’s Maria Foglia was also named to the first team and coach Missy West was named the Conference Coach of the Year. Hartwick is in Oneonta, N.Y.
- 1 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 2 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 3 Big Crowds Come Out For Memorial Day Parade In Weston
- 4 Two Students From Fairfield Warde Seriously Injured In Midday Car Crash
- 5 Severe Thunderstorm Watch Is In Effect In Weston, Easton, Redding