EASTON, Conn. -- Easton’s Chris Thomas finished fifth overall and first among amateurs Sunday at the Ironman 70.3-mile Timberman race in Gilford, N.H.
Thomas finished the race in 4 hours, 8 minutes and 57 seconds. There were more than 2,200 athletes in the race.
Thomas had the top time in his age group in the bike and run. He was second among 40-44-year-old athletes in the swim. Thomas finished off the race with a 13.1 mile run in 1:21:50. The race also consisted of a 1.2 mile swim and 56-mile bike ride.
Last week, Thomas won the Masters Division at the USA Triathlon Age Group Championships in Milwaukee. He will race in the Ironman 70.3 mile World Championships in Canada on Sept. 7.
Thomas is the owner of Personal Training Professionals in Southport.
- 1 Easton Man Arrested After Crashing Car In Fairfield, Fleeing On Foot
- 2 Connecticut Report Finds Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 3 Historic Westport Estate Moved To New Home Across The Street
- 4 Easton Girl Dances Role Of Snow Queen In 'Nutcracker'
- 5 Frigid Wind Chills Will Continue In Easton, Redding, Weston