NEW YORK CITY, N.Y. — Mayor Michael Bloomberg canceled Sunday's ING New York City Marathon on Friday evening because parts of the city were still suffering from the devastation of Hurricane Sandy, several news outlets reported.
Bloomberg originally said the race would not have diverted resources from storm recovery, but the decision to run the race had drawn considerable criticism. Read the rest of NBC News' story.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Weston, Easton; Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Weston Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Weston, Easton, Redding Dodge Worst Of Nor'easter
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Weston, Easton, Redding