NEW YORK CITY, N.Y. — Mayor Michael Bloomberg canceled Sunday's ING New York City Marathon on Friday evening because parts of the city were still suffering from the devastation of Hurricane Sandy, several news outlets reported.
Bloomberg originally said the race would not have diverted resources from storm recovery, but the decision to run the race had drawn considerable criticism. Read the rest of NBC News' story.
- 1 Easton Man To Serve 15 Years In Prison For Trying To Kill Wife By Hanging
- 2 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 3 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 4 Driver Pleads Guilty In Hit-And-Run Death Of Weston Cyclist
- 5 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield