NORWALK, Conn. -- Norwalk's Kiera Henry and Weston's Aundrea Lagana are getting "a taste of a mounted competition but without horses."
Aundrea, 13, and Kiera, 10, took part in the recent Horseless Rally held at Mineri’s Parkview Riding Center in Central Islip on Long Island, N.Y. The Horseless Rally is a learning rally to introduce new pony club members to the experience of Pony Club Team competition in a fun and friendly format without the responsibility of bringing a horse, representatives said in a release.
"Setup as a show jumping rally, Pony Clubbers Lagana and Henry learned about the ins and outs of the Rally experience," representatives said. "Topics covered at the horseless rally included how to setup a rally area for tack and horses, a clinic on turnout, an equipment check with full explanation behind what equipment is needed and why, turn back, tack cleaning, boot polishing clinic, a show jumping course (on foot of course) and finally an award ceremony where everyone was awarded their blue ribbons.
For more information about U.S. Pony Club or Fairfield County Hounds Pony Club, residents are asked to email Kelly Pollard at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Fairfield County Hounds Pony Club website.
- 1 Western Connecticut Reopens Evacuated Buildings On Midtown Danbury Campus
- 2 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 3 Weston Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 4 Easton Doctor Named Physician Of The Year At St. Vincent's Medical Center
- 5 Ridgefield Attorney Charged With Stealing A Million From Escrow Accounts